GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are three new vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 3 - Play for Peace by NextGEN
Local chapter of global Play for Peace movement uses cooperative play to spread compassion, respect and create non-threatening spaces for connection among children and adults.
3 to 4 - Fort Stunt RiderZ showcase thrilling stunts and their bike skills
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Moonshadow will have organic lavender, fresh herbs, and upcountry vegetables including carrots, beans, leeks, cabbage, celery, lettuce and kale from Sunrise Organic Farm in Stall A6.
* New vendor Koularagama Ceramics is bringing ceramic tableware, housewares and jewelry from their community cooperative near Udawalawe National Park. Their unique pieces are inspired by local flora and fauna.
* Green Leaf Herbals will have their full range of natural spa products in Stall D3. Their shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, lotions, body scrubs, bath salts, and massage oils make great gifts.
* Peony Gardens has naturally grown flowers and plants in Stall A5
* Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in Stall A5
* Kanchi Crafts is giving away free seashell earrings between December 24th and January 14th for every purchase greater than Rs. 500. Check out their new line of coconut shell baby sea turtles and their new “tree of life” coconut shell necklace in Stall C3
* Moonshadow has eco-friendly home and personal care products including laundry powder, liquid soap, dishwash, body soap, mosquito spray, healing salve, lip balms, natural deodarant crystals, essential oils, and Ecofemme washable cloth pads in Stall A6.
* Lion Kithul Wood has a new range of kithul wood chairs in Stall C1. Ask them about their custom order options.
* Nethroo Masks has a new collection of traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall A3
* Chami Foods has homemade fresh rice flour hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall D2
* Dudley Silva Batiks is introducing a fresh line of handmade batik dresses, wraparound skirts and tablecloths in Stall D1.
* Sevens Eco has a unique selection of locally made handloom shoes in D3
* FriendzHome in Stall A5 has Christmas cards and décor made by special needs kids and their supporters. They also have quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more
* Kithul Wood Designs is joining the Galle Good Market this week with a new collection of new wooden table lamps and outdoor lamps. Check out their full range in Stall B3.
* Nidahasa is introducing new rucksacks made from upcycled rice sacks and shawls made from upcycled sari in Stall C1. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall B1 and B2 including coffee, tea, pastas, organic spices, raw cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day (except December 25th), across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* NEW gluten-free pasta, organic certified tortilla corn chips, potato chips, canned tomatoes, toasted sesame oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mayo, quinoa, and raisins from OrganicoGuru
* Organic cinnamon quills and cinnamon powder from Amuura Permaculture Garden. Get a recipe for mulled wine with every pack.
* Dark chocolate, whole bean coffee, and ground coffee from Hansa Ceylon back in stock
* Christmas edition black currant chutney, seeni sambal chutney, tempered banana blossom and mushroom, and prawnilicious with seasonal packaging from ManiEli
* Cashew crumble and coconut crumble Hope Cookies from Sahan Sevana back in stock
* Gherkin pickles in natural vinegar from Govi Aruna back in stock
* Bath soaps dressed up for the season from Aurelia Soapworks
* Special holiday gingerbread spice vegan protein shake, almond butter and cashew butter from Soul Food
* Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
* Thalaguli sesame sweets, kithul jaggery, and belimal tea from Haritha Lanka
* Sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, peanut butter, beetroot marinade, and green papaya pineapple chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
* Organic noodles and pasta, all natural kurakkan rigatoni pasta and organic ready-to-eat soups from Ma's Foods Organic
* New line of bath soaps from Moonshadow plus laundry powder, dish soap, hair oil, mosquito repellent, healing salve and essential oils
* Strawberry and mango yoghurt drinks from Frutty Fro Yo
* Organic coconut milk drink, desiccated coconut, toasted and plain coconut chips and coconut spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Organic certified heirloom suwandel and pachchaperumal rice, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, black tea and green tea from Bio Foods
* Goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hazelnuts and more from What on Earth
* Vegetarian “meatless meat” burgers, sausages, nuggets and more from Supersun
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics or growth promoters from Amiron Farms
* Natural soaps, face wash, massage oils, baby shampoo and Shampooch pet shampoo from Green Leaf Herbals
* Black hair oil mask and natural undereye circle remover from Esther’s
* Citronella mosquito repellent candles from Fone Candles
The vendors voted. The Colombo Good Market will be closed on December 24th and 31st. The Galle Good Market is open both days. Hope to see you there!
The Good Market shop will be closed Sunday, December 25th for painting. It will reopen at 8 am on the 26th.