COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. This week we have two new vendors, Sunrise Organic Farm and SOZO, and special preview performances by Little Theatre Group. Hope to see you there!
10 to 1 - Chillout music by Senses
11 to 11:15 - Preview performance of “An Unknown Etiology” by Little Theatre Group
1 to 1:15 - Preview performance of “An Unknown Etiology” by Little Theatre Group
1:20 to 3:30 - Deep house music by Isuru
3:30 to 4 - Live music by Senod
4 to 4:30 - Live music by Jehan
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure by ECO-V (meet in A12)
4:30 to 6 - Community open mic and deep house music by Senses
* Sunrise Organic Farm is an organic PGS certified demonstration farm in Nuwara Eliya. Their special composting technique creates rich soil and incredible organic produce. This week’s specials include fresh cilantro, carrots, and three varieties of kale. Don’t miss Stall D5.
* New vendor SOZO is bringing their popular herbal elixirs and natural iced teas to the Saturday Good Market. Sample their iced chai latte, rose hibiscus, lemongrass mint, cinnamon lime, and ginger beer with lemongrass in Stall D6.
* Aurelia Soapworks is offering a limited edition Cucumber Yogurt Bath Soap in Stall B2. Cucumber and yogurt soothe skin irritations, reduce facial swelling, and leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
* ECO-V has Sinhala language consumer awareness books from members of Consumer Voice Sri Lanka: "Niwaradi Ahara Purudu" by Roshan Dela Bandara and "Sini Obe Sawkya Wanasana Auru" translated by Channa de Silva. They also have sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings, gardening supplies and more in Stall A12.
* Saaraketha Organic is offering 10% off on organic certified avocado in Stall F4 this week.
* Green Leaf Herbals is introducing Ginger Body Scrub in Stall C8. This handmade natural product fades scars and rejuvenates skin.
* Baker's Choice has assorted bagels, baguettes, mini brioche, fougasse with blue stilton, boules and fig bread in Stall A10. Reserve your favorites by firstname.lastname@example.org
* Relaxations for All has guided relaxation audio recordings for children and adults in Stall B3. “Brighter Future” was developed after a 2-year study to help children with relaxation for exams, sports, and other events.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Life Food specials include their Omelet Roti, Sri Lankan omelet, pol sambol, and homemade tomato sauce in an atta roti, and Chicken Kottu Wrap, shredded free range chicken, vegetables, tomatoes, and coriander in an atta wrap. Check out Stall C3/4.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall E3. Their popular sandalwood scrub reduces itching, prevents blemishes, and keeps oily skin healthy.
* Nature's Grace is offering free trial reiki energy healing sessions to Good Market vendors and customers. Stop by Stall B9 to learn more about how reiki can help with stress and pain management.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana and grape extract in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and can help regulate cholesterol and high blood sugar and strengthen the immune system.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B10.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B11.
GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. There is 1 new vendor and 3 returning vendors this week and hooping is happening from 12 to 2. Help spread the word and support local performers, producers and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Hooping
Camilla and Mike will be doing hooping workshops and performances in Court Square. It’s free and open to all ages. Come play!
1 to 3 - Chillout music by Minushka
3 to 6 - Community open mic
* Sari Connection is joining the Galle Good Market this Saturday with their beautiful collection of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made from upcycled saris by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu. Don’t miss Stall A3.
* Sewitha is back with kithul flour yogurt, kanda, pudding, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Lion Kithul Wood is back with a new selection of naturally polished kithul wood housewares in Stall A5.
* Nidahasa Cooperative is a social enterprise that produces upcycled bags, clothing and accessories and provides a living wage to women in the Galle area. They are back this week in Stall B1.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall B3. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* J’Pura Fruiteez has fresh fruit juice, iced tea, virgin mojitos and more in Stall B2. These university students from Sri Jayawardenapura are raising funds for Sisi Arundathee.
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell pendants, rings, and other handmade jewelry in Stall A3.
* Sevens has terracotta jewelry, handloom shoes, sandals, bags and more in Stall A5.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall A2.
* Imaduwa Lace has handmade beeralu lace clothing, accessories, and housewares in Stall A4.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall B4 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions below? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic PGS rocket (arugula) and mixed salad greens from Uva Forest Gardens
* Organic certified mixed lettuce, baby spinach, and potatoes from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farm
* Healthy, all-natural dog treats from The Barkery
* Shampooch dog shampoo from Green Leaf Herbals
* Natural laundry powder and dish soap from Moonshadow
* Fresh tofu from ALE Soya
* Hummus and muamara from Big Borek. Great with the baked atta pita chips fromSaffron Persian Delight
* Organic certified dried jackfruit and dried mixed fruit snacks from Arni's Foods
* Cinnamon roasted, cumin roasted, chili roasted, plain and lightly salted cashew from Addictive
* Coconut crumble and cashew crumble Hope Cookies from Sahan Sevana
* Natural ice cream and vegan sorbet from Carino
* Vegan organic coconut milk drink from Cocomi Bio Organic. Great dairy alternative. Drink it plain or use for baking, tea, coffee, or cereal.
* Chocolate granola and matcha granola from Soul Food
* Organic certified wheat flour, pasta, and 5 varieties of ready-to-eat organic soup from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Feta cheese from Aeri and mozzarella, cheddar and paneer from Aeri and Lili Dairy
* Dark rye, brown kade paan, multi-seed bread and atta chapatti from Paan Paan Artisan
* Naminam chutney and other jams, marmalades and chutneys made from local, sustainably sourced ingredients by Yummy Goodness
* Cashew butter and almond butter from Soul Food, peanut butter and tahini sesame butter from Rangala House Gourmet, and organic coconut butter spread from Cocomi Bio and Coconut Miracle
* Iced chai latte, rose hibiscus, lemongrass mint and other herbal iced teas fromSOZO
* Natural ginger beer and naarang juice from Cherine’s Quench
* Jungle bee honey from Dunvila Sustainables
* Kithul syrup and jaggery from Rainforest Foods and Haritha Lanka
* Traditional buffalo curd, plain yogurt, and kurakkan yogurt from Renuka’s, fruit yogurt from Senani Organic, and yogurt drinks from Frutty Fro Yo
* Goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and quinoa from What On Earth
* Organic PGS peanuts, kollu and oluhal from Savira
* Organic certified pachchaperumal, madathawalu, and suwandel heirloom rice fromBio Foods and Ecowave
* Sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society in Puttalam
* Natural chicken raised with no antibiotics, growth promoters or synthetic feed fromAmiron Farm in Batticaloa