COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. There are 4 new vendors this week, and the monthly workshop on organic home gardening is happening from 3 to 6. Hope to see you there!
10:30 to 12 - Live music by Jayanga
12 to 3:30 - Deep house music by Isuru
3:30 to 4 - Live music by Pasindu
3 to 6 - Organic Home Garden Workshop Series
ECO-V is organizing monthly workshops on organic home gardens. Each workshops costs Rs. 500. This week covers seeding and planting methods. Contact Chamali at 0773284983, Kanchana at 0718098847 or email@example.com learn more.
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure by ECO-V (meet in A12)
4 to 6 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
* New vendor Kithul Wood Designs will have light fixtures and housewares made out of naturally polished kithul wood in Stall E4.
* New vendor ARETÉ Academy of Leadership will be sharing information on their conversational English, leadership and life skills programs. Visit Stall B3 to enter their scholarship raffle.
* New vendor Athkam Nirmana will have bags and baskets handmade from ekel, palmyrah and coconut palm leaf in Stall E2.
* New vendor SUG Linen will have affordable locally made linen shirts in Stall B3
* Aurelia Soapworks has a moisturizing milk & oatmeal bath soap, an anti-microbial honey & oatmeal soap that’s great for acne, and an unscented soap for sensitive skin. Each bar is cured for 6 weeks to make a higher quality product. Learn more in Stall B2.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be back in Stall D5 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Taco Tekak is back at the Good Market this week. Stop by Stall D7 for your taco and horchata fix.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Saaraketha Organic is offering 10% off on organic certified mangosteen in Stall F4 this week.
* ECO-V has Sinhala language consumer awareness books from members of Consumer Voice Sri Lanka: "Niwaradi Ahara Purudu" by Roshan Dela Bandara and "Sini Obe Sawkya Wanasana Auru" translated by Channa de Silva. They also have sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings, gardening supplies and more in Stall A12.
* Relaxations for All has guided relaxation audio recordings for children and adults in Stall B4. “Brighter Future for Children” was developed after a 2-year study to help children with relaxation for exams, sports, and other events.
* Frutty Fro Yo has all natural frozen yogurt made from sustainably sourced fresh milk at a solarpowered facility. Visit Stall A11 to try this week’s flavors: forest berry and vanilla bean. They also have their popular yogurt drink in mango and strawberry.
* SOZO will have their popular iced teas and herbal elixirs in Stall D6: iced chai latte, rose hibiscus, lemongrass mint, cinnamon lime, ginger beer with lemongrass and more.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall E2. Their popular sandalwood scrub reduces itching, prevents blemishes, and keeps oily skin healthy.
* Secret Garden has a dyckia promotion in July. Drop by Stall B11 and get 15% off on any dyckia plant.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana and grape extract in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and can help regulate cholesterol and high blood sugar and strengthen the immune system.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. We’ve been getting lots of new applications for Galle. This week there’s a new food stall, drums, and a mehendi artist. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Drumming with THRIWANA
Berny from Thriwana will be doing drum workshops and performances in Court Square. It’s free and open to all. Come find your rhythm!
2 to 4 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Natural henna mehendi art by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Wasana Foods has fresh juices from local village fruits, milk rice, roti and more in Stall B3. Stop by after 3 to try their grilled panini sandwiches.
* Dudley Silva Batiks is back with handmade batik clothing and housewares in Stall C3.
* Nethroo is back with traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall B3.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Singeethi has kurukkan kokis, belimal herbal tea and more in Stall B2.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C1. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* Lion Kithul Wood has a new selection of naturally polished kithul wood housewares in Stall B5.
* Imaduwa Lace has handmade beeralu lace clothing, accessories, and housewares in Stall B4.
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell pendants, rings, and other handmade jewelry in Stall B4.
* Sevens has terracotta jewelry, handloom shoes, sandals, bags and more in Stall B5.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions below? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Free range eggs from Via Village in Vavuniya and Asgiriya Estate in Puttalam
* Organic certified mango from Ellawala Horticulture in Anuradhapura and organic PGS avocado from Karal Organic in Nuwara Eliya.
* Butter, double cream, clotted cream, Neufchatel cream cheese and cottage cheese from Tamarind Gardens Farm in Kandy
* Organic PGS rocket (arugula) and mixed salad greens from Uva Forest Gardens
* Organic certified mixed lettuce, baby spinach, and potatoes from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Kombucha from Flow Health Bar
* Organic fruit & nut snack bars from Greenfield Organic Life
* Coconut chips and vegan coconut milk drink from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Organic coconut vinegar from Govi Aruna Organic. Great local substitute for apple cider vinegar.
* Natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society in Puttalam
* Organic certified turmeric, chili, cardamom, ginger and other spices from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Crab meat, prawns, cuttlefish, barramundi, and tuna from Ceylon Catch
* Organic PGS raw peanut, sesame seeds, kollu, kurakkan flour, mung bean, red bean, and black-eyed peas from Savira
* Goji berries, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds from What On Earth
* Organic certified pachchaperumal, heendikwee, and suwandel heirloom rice fromBio Foods and Ecowave
* Organic certified dried jackfruit and dried mixed fruit snacks from Arni's Foods
* Cinnamon roasted, cumin roasted, chili roasted, plain and lightly salted cashew from Addictive
* Organic certified wheat flour, pasta, and 5 varieties of ready-to-eat organic soup from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Feta, cheddar and mozzarella from Aeri
* Dark rye, brown kade paan, multi-seed bread and atta chapatti from Paan Paan Artisan
* Passion vanilla jam and mango ginger jam from Amba Estate
* Mango chili chutney and other jams, marmalades and chutneys made from local, sustainably sourced ingredients by Yummy Goodness
* Cashew butter and almond butter from Soul Food, peanut butter and tahini sesame butter from Rangala House Gourmet, and organic coconut butter spread from Cocomi Bio and Coconut Miracle
* Hummus and havuclu meze from Big Borek.
* Traditional buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renuka’s, fruit yogurt from Senani Organic, and yogurt drinks from Frutty Fro Yo
* Natural ice cream and vegan sorbet from Carino