GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open from 10 am to 6 pm every Saturday (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. There are two returning vendors, new food and drink options, and free mehendi for kids this week. Spread the word and help support local performers, producers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Returning vendor J’Pura Fruiteez has fresh fruit juice, iced tea, virgin mojitos and more in Stall C2. These university students from Sri Jayawardenapura are raising funds for rural science programs.
* Returning vendor Yashoda Nursery has organically grown garden plants in Stall B5
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath and more in Stall C5
* Kanchi Crafts has unique coconut shell and seashell jewelry in Stall B4
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B5
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* FriendzHome in Stall C5 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C3 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. There are 5 special events and new vendors this week. Don’t miss the Tourism for All activities in the dining and entertainment area. Hope to see you there!
10 to 11 - Morning chillout music by Senses
11 to 12 - Live music by Jayanga
12 to 3 - Deep house set by Gaia
3 to 5 - Tourism for All activities
Tourism for All is a special event to celebrate World Tourism Day and raise awareness about accessible tourism. They have a great lineup of activities at the Good Market this Saturday: an art wall, music performances, a sign language game show, obstacles courses and more.
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
5 to 6 - Live music by Tso Roshan
* New vendor Binuka Organic will have organic certified fruits, vegetables, kithul syrup, jaggery and fresh milk from Morawaka in Stall E4
* Tamu Bakery, a social enterprise that empowers women survivors of gender-based violence through baking therapy workshops, will have cakes and patisseries from Ukraine and around the world in Stall E5. They’ll also have a selection of gluten-free and egg-free treats. Stop by and sign up for their upcoming “Talk. Bake. Share” workshops
* My Dream School will be in Stall D7 recruiting volunteers and supporters for their next 2 school infrastructure renovation projects: Earlaladi Shiva Mahajana Vidyalaya in Jaffna and Lelwala Wickramasinghe Vidyalaya in Galle
* Voice Foundation is raising funds for their annual Voice Walk against child abuse on October 15th. They will have second-hand clothing and goods at great prices, Voice Walk pens, key tags, umbrellas and more in Stall E5.
* Night Queen Lighting has wooden reading lamps that are great for bedrooms, living rooms, and offices in Stall E3.
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on certified organic watermelon in Stall F4 this Saturday
* Poori’s is featuring dosa wraps with palak paneer, mixed vegetable kuruma or butter chicken in Stall A2 this Saturday.
* ECO-V will have thulsi, mint, basil, red spinach, aloe vera, vetiver, air plants, ginger, and pomegranate “plants as friends” available for a donation. They’ll also have sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, bamboo and cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, and much more in Stall A12.
* Baker’s Choice has sourdough petite baguettes, mini brioche, fig bread, wholemeal boule and more in Stall F3.
* Selyn has fair trade cotton handloom shawls, lungi, sarong, table mats, soft toys and more in Stall C6. They are fair trade guaranteed by the World Fair Trade Organization.
* Secret Garden has cacti, aloe, and other naturally grown succulent plants in Stall B4. They make great planet-friendly gifts to brighten up a home or office.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Buluwala Herbal has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A9 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Honey oatmeal, cucumber yoghurt, unscented and rustic green tea bath soaps from Aurelia Soapworks
* Stevia extract, guarana energy powder and murupi chili sauce from Cayambe Lanka
* Lavender, eucalyptus, citronella, tea tree and lemongrass essential oils fromMoonshadow
* All natural dog treats from The Barkery
* Natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society in Puttalam
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms near Bandarawela and Via Village near Vavuniya
* Vanilla coconut vinegar (great with salads and seared vegetables), vanilla pods, vanilla extract and vanilla paste from Ceylon Vanilla Company
* Chili and garlic infused organic coconut oil and vanilla infused organic coconut oil from Governor's Estate
* Traditional thalaguli sesame sweets, pure kithul syrup and kithul jaggery fromHaritha Lanka
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Mango, peanut butter, lemon lime, woodapple and passionfruit ice cream and sorbet from Carino
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, desiccated coconut, creamed coconut, coconut milk powder and coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Organic certified heat-and-eat pumpkin soup, tom kha, vegetable mulligatawny and mango mustard soup from Ma’s Food Organic
* Kombucha and basil pesto from Flow Health Bar
* Almond butter, cashew butter, chocolate granola and matcha granola from Soul Food
* Passionfruit, mango, blueberry, strawberry and raspberry yogurt from Senani Natural
* Organic certified mango, watermelon, papaya, and pineapple dried fruit snacks and organic mango fruit cubes from Govi Aruna
* OP1, BOP cinnamon, BOP ginger, BOP lemongrass tea, passion vanilla jam and mango ginger jam from Amba Estate
* Organic certified cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Gluten-free red and white rice vermicelli noodles from Alli
* Organic suwandel heirloom rice from Ecowave in Ampara
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm