The Colombo Good Market is open Saturdays from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here.
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Izuru
12pm - 3pm: R&B and deep house music by Senses
2:30pm - 5:30pm: Embark Adoption Day: find your four legged soul mate!
4pm - 6pm: Fashion Revolution Event: Do you know #WhoMadeYourClothes?
- Unwind with a head, neck or foot massage by the trained blind therapists at Thusare Talking Hands
- ECO-V will be sharing information on the best plants to keep indoors to purify the air. You can also purchase their range of plant based alternatives to plastic cups, plates and boxes, herbal and flowering plants and natural fertilizers.
- 10% off organic pineapple from Saaraketha Organics.
- Eyecatching has a range of new wooden sign boards. Always wanted your words on wood? Talk to them about custom orders.
- Time to go nuts with 20% off organic macadamias and almonds from Organico Guru!
- Dr. PPARs has whole food supplements made from microalgae (Chlorella sorokiniana) and grape extract.
Fashion Revolution is a global movement that highlights how fashion can, and should be, a positive influence. The movement calls for transparency and accountability in the fashion supply chain and raises awareness of the fashion industry’s most pressing issues.
Fashion Revolution Week runs from 24th April to 30th April to commemorate the victims of the Rana Plaza factory collapse, which killed 1138 people and injured many more on 24th April 2013. During this week, brands and producers are encouraged to participate with the hashtag #imadeyourclothes to demonstrate transparency in their supply chain.
Fashion Revolution Sri Lanka
Several ethical and fair trade brands in Sri Lanka, have banded together to celebrate fashion revolution week in Sri Lanka to highlight, raise awareness and educate the Sri Lankan consumer to buy ethical and buy local.
This year's theme is FASHION SHOULD FEEL GOOD - We love fashion, but we don’t want our clothes and accessories to come at the cost of people or our planet.
Join Good Market vendors Selyn, House of Lonali, Pedals, Kantala Brands, Rice & Carry, Parkville, Pras and Danties, Sari Connection and DODO Footwear from 3pm-5pm at the Saturday Good Market to learn more about why buying local and buying ethical is important and how you, as a consumer can create the necessary systemic change in the global fashion industry.
- The range of healthy, homemade dips from Big Borek just got bigger with the addition of caramelized onion hummus and beetroot hummus.
- Create better-for-you appetizer platter by pairing a variety of hummus dips with organic rosemary & thyme potato chips and kale & spirulina corn chips from Organico Guru and baked atta chips from Saffron Persian Delights
- Beat the April heat with naarang juice from Cherine's Quench and a selection of organic beverages including soursop, mixed fruit and king coconut from Govi Aruna.
- Hansa Ceylon coffee beans make the perfect cup to start your day and Ceylon pink detox tea should be your sip of choice to wind down before bed.
- Reap the benefits of coconut with ready-to-drink coconut beverage from Cocomi Bio, coconut milk for cooking from Ma's Happy Life Kitchen, coconut oil from Coconut Miracle ,coconut spreads from Greenfield Farm Organic Life and more!
- Browse the personal care aisle for exfoliating and moisturizing body bars from Moonshadow, deep conditioning hair oil from Esthers , lip loving balm from Aurelia Soapworks, skin brightening kasthuric turmeric face scrub from Helinta Eco and much more.