GOOD MARKET SHOP
* Certified organic baby spinach and mixed lettuce from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Organic PGS mixed salad greens and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Free range eggs from Via Village in Vavuniya and Malpotha Farm near Bandarawela
* Certified organic pineapple, banana, watermelon, guava, woodapple, passion fruit and papaya from Saaraketha
* Natural laundry powder, dishwash soap, activated charcoal odor absorbers, and peppermint lip balm from Moonshadow
* Feta, parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, and paneer cheese from Aeri
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Iced chai latte, lime crush, cinnamon lime, lemongrass mint and rose hibiscus iced tea from SOZO
* Sweet organic dried jackfruit snacks and mixed dried fruits from Arni's Foods
* Organic certified heirloom rice, red rice flour, cinnamon quills, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder and coconut milk from Bio Foods
* Freshly roasted Ceylon coffee from Hansa and Soul Coffee
* Karapincha sambol, lime pickle, goraka paste and more from Larich
* Flax seeds, chia seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds from What On Earth
GALLE GOOD MARKET
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World. Volunteers welcome.
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Antiques Collector has second-hand brass and silver goods in Stall C1.
* Wasana Foods has green gram for breakfast, village-style rice and curry for lunch, and hot pancakes for evening snacks. Tropical fruit popsicles, fruit juice, coconut & kurakkan roti, grilled panini, and cutlets made from manioc, breadfruit, and sweet potato available all day in Stall C3.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, cowpea vadai, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, village fruits, and hot tea in Stall B2.
* Friends Home in Stall C3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Singeethi has kurukkan kokis, belimal herbal tea and more in Stall B2.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* MiniMehendi is doing natural henna mehendi art in Stall C3. Free for children.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C5 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
* Footsteps to Freedom is a walk to raise awareness about mental health. Two young psychologists, Nivendra and Hansini will be walking from Dondra to Point Pedro starting August 18th. Visit Stall B15 to learn more and show your support.
* The Diabetes Association of Sri Lanka is doing a special diabetes education program under the nuga tree.
* LOVI Ceylon has unique handloom sarong designed for movement. Check out their “Rugby Collection” in Stall A13.
* Poori's specializes in healthy Indian options. Stop by Stall C12 to try their new crunchy oat cutlets, atta and oat masala dosa, chapatti wraps, and chapatti strip noodles.
* Saaraketha has a special giveaway this week in Stall D6. Buy two packs of PGS free range eggs and get 500 grams of organic certified bell pepper free.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* ECO-V has sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings, gardening supplies and more in Stall A16.
* Go Organic Nature Farms will have a fresh harvest of certified organic kale in Stall B1
* Selyn Fair Trade has cotton handloom shawls, lungi, sarong, cushion covers, key tags and more guaranteed by the World Fair Trade Organization. Find them in Stall C10.
* Looking for an all-natural, planet-friendly gift? Visit Secret Garden in Stall B14, check out their range of cacti and succulents, and Let Love Grow.
* Yummy Goodness products are back at the Saturday Good Market! You can find their lovi jam, tamarind jam, local orange marmalade, belli & orange jam, tamarind chutney, and papaya chutney in the Saaraketha Stall (D6) this week.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be in Stall D1 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B4. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A11. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B15.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B16.