GOOD MARKET SHOP
NEW PRODUCTS and UPDATES:
- Fresh hydroponic mixed salad greens are now available from The Lanka Salad Company
- Naturally Sweet Detox and Relax tea blends are diabetic friendly with no calories and no artificial sweeteners
- New packaging on Aurelia Soapworks handmade pet shampoo bar. Now your furry friend can keep clean without any harmful chemicals!
- Vegetarian chilli oil and garlic chilli sauce from Mama Aidas.
- Pineapple and coconut smoothie from Govi Aruna Organics
- Two-ingredient chocolate bars and pieces from Hansa Ceylon. Choose from brown sugar or jaggery sweetened bars which are ideal for rich hot chocolate drinks, baking or snacking
- Organic, fresh vegetables and fruits including kale, carrots, leeks, potatoes, pineapple, passion fruit and mangoes from Saaraketha Organics, Karal Organic, Go Organic - Nature Foods and Ellawala.
- Kithul jaggery and treacle from Haritha Lanka.
- Mango and strawberry yogurt drink from Frutty Froyo
- All natural chilli roasted cashews, cumin roasted cashews, cinnamon roasted cashews, lightly salted cashews and plain cashews from Addictive
- Hormone and antiobiotic free, all-natural chicken from Amiron Farm
- Fresh milk from Renusha Dairy Products can be ordered in 1L or 550ML bottles. Please contact the Good Market shop team on 0117446433 to place an order.
- Pure vanilla paste, vanilla extract, vanilla pods, and vanilla coconut vinegar (great on salad and grilled vegetables!) from Ceylon Vanilla Company
- All natural citronella fragrance candles from Fone Candles
- After-sun aloe gel, sunscreen, body wash, face wash and more from Green Leaf Herbals
- Vegetarian, meatless sausages, nuggets and more from Supersun
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10am - 6pm: Kids crafts by Studio Stitch in Stall A9
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Izuru
12pm - 3pm: R&B and classic music by Senses
1pm - 1:30pm: Live music by Shenuka
3m - 4pm: Live music by Jayanga
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Galle market regular, Koularagama Ceramics will be bring their nature-inspired handmade ceramics to Colombo this week. Find them in stall B9
- It’s time for watermelon juice, bright melon salads and more because Saaraketha is offering 10% off their organic watermelon in stall F4 this week!
- Deen the Bookman has a new selection of collectible books in stall A1.
- Organico Guru is offering a 25% discount on certified organic raisins in stall D6
- Pras and Danties will have their range of lounge and swim wear as well as lingerie made from batik fabrics in stall A7
- Surprise your loved one with a special Valentine’s cake from Monique’s Gourmet Food. Visit them in stall A5 to place a custom order for next week. They will also have their selection of desserts and condiments including lemon curd cake, passionfruit and blueberry cheesecake, pear and passionfruit cake, homemade mustard sauce and more.
- Star passion jam, a tangy spread from Yummy Goodness along with their other slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutney's made from local and sustainably sourced ingredients will be available in stall F4.
- Dr PPARs plant based micro algae daily supplements can help reduce the risk of kidney, liver and heart failure in diabetic patients. It also boosts the immune system and supports detoxification. Find them in stall B10
- Ceylon Art Gallery has a selection of paintings highlighting women and traditional, rural life in Sri Lanka. Browse their selection of vibrant art in stall C1.
- Now’s your chance to have your favourite frozen yogurt flavor at Good Market! Contact Frutty Fro Yo on their Facebook page to request a flavor for this week. The most popular flavor will be served on Saturday. Stop by stall A10 to see what’s new. They will also have their strawberry and mango yogurt drinks.
You can also get a massage and find vendors with all-natural body care products, ethical clothing and shoes, responsibly sourced gem and silver jewellery, hand-crafted accessories, toys and arts and crafts, linens, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, all-natural spices, fresh juices and local pickles, ready-to-eat food for dine-in and take-away and more.The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. There are new and returning vendors this week, come check them out!
GALLE GOOD MARKET
GALLE EVENTS10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- The Relish is bringing their range of homemade sauces and to Galle this week. Stop by stall 11 for a sample and pick up some jars to add some spice to your mealtime!
- Kanchi Craft has new coconut shell and wood pendants for the tech crowd! Browse their selection in stall 12.
- Take a snack break with Ceylon Tafel in stall 11. This week they will have homemade banana, date and orange cakes, tea, coffee, cutlets, roti and fruit juices.
- Home cook looking to expand your pantry? Gami Gedara Spice has a range of natural, homemade spice blends in stall 17
- You’ve got lunch options! Visit Chami Foods in stall 17 for rice and curry, Sathsetha in stall 14 for thosai and BBQ by Prabha in stall 9 for barbequed fish and corn.
- Get a sweet treat from Ness Valley in stall 6. They will have coffee cake, cupcakes, banana cake and more to choose from.
- MiniMehendi World will be doing natural henna mehendi art in stall 11.
- Are you an arts and crafts lover or looking for some decor? Check out new paintings and masks from Southern Masks in stall 6 and hand carved elephant statues by Galle Wood Carving.
- Rainforest Foods will have organic PGS salad greens in addition to their range of herbal supplements, honey and more in stall 16.
- Looking for a unique card for a loved one? FriendzHome has a new selection of hand made greeting cards in stall 11 in addition to their quality second-hand clothing, jewellery, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to FriendzHome and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
- Shop accessories and toys! Nidahasa Cooperative has new bags and handbags in stall 14, DHD Handloom has soft toys and handloom jewellery in stall 7 and K&D Lace has earrings in stall 12
- Sip Sayura enjoyed being at Galle last week so much that they are back again with their pop-up fruit juice Japura Fruiteez in stall 5. When you buy their refreshing juices you are supporting their efforts to build fully equipped computer labs in rural schools.
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 5 including organic cacao powder, organic teas, organic rice, body care products, organic dried fruit snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0117446433 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.