COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10am - 6pm: Kids crafts by Studio Stitch in Stall A9
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Senses
12pm to 1pm: Deep house by Gaia
1pm to 1:30pm: Live music by Sabra
1:30pm to 3pm: Gaia
3pm to 6pm: Community open mic
- New vendor Maia Cheese has expanded their artisanal cheese operations from Goa to Madipola, Matale. Stop by Stall B9 to learn more.
- Pick up a gift that grows from Secret Garden this Saturday. They have aloe, cacti and other succulents in Stall B2.
- ECO-V has sustainably harvested bamboo cups, kolapath plates, naturally dyed cotton clothing, sari bags, essential oils and oil burners. They also have thulsi, mint, basil, red spinach, pomegranate, aloe vera, curry leaves, passion fruit and ginger “plants as friends” available for a donation in Stall A11.
- Fancy a refreshing chilled ambarella juice on a hot day? What about some spicy achcharu for guilt-free snacking? Get 10% off on organic ambarella from Saaraketha Organics this week and post a photo on our Facebook page or to Instagram using #GoodMarket to show us how you'll use it!
- Congratulations to Ceylon Art Gallery on their successful third art show in Japan! This time, Thushari’s artwork was displayed in a Tokyo hospital to provide patients with windows into Sri Lankan rural and traditional life as a form of art therapy. Check out her artwork.
- How about a splash of organic orange or apple juice to perk up a smoothie? Organico Guru is having a special on Douglas Park Organics certified organic apple juice & orange juice cartons this week.
GALLE GOOD MARKET
GALLE EVENTS10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- New cinnamon and cloves, and lemongrass body wash from Moonshadow
- New handmade wooden flutes by Galle Wood Carving
- Natural homemade spice blends from Gami Gedara Spice
- 100% cotton kids frocks by K&D Lace
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 5 including organic cacao powder, organic teas, organic rice, body care products, organic dried fruit snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0117446433 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
BACK IN STOCK:
- Hydroponic mixed salad greens from The Lanka Salad Company
- Certified organic kithul syrup and four varieties of organic heirloom rice from Bio Foods: pachchaperumal, madathawalu, rahakawanu and suwandel
- Organic ground ginger dispenser, organic ground turmeric dispenser, organic dried papaya snacks and organic chai tea bags from Greenfield Organic Life who focus on organic, fair trade, forest garden practices, and carbon neutral operations.
- Ambarella chutney and lime pickle from Sylvan Heritage, a social enterprise focussed on helping disadvantaged women gain economic independence through the sale of traditional pickles and chutneys.
- Cheddar and paneer from Lili Dairy. Did you know: Lili Dairy was started by a female social entrepreneur to empower rural women by providing training, vet services and loans for dairy farming.
- Thalaguli and small bottles of kithul syrup from Haritha Lanka made by Sinharaja Rainforest.
- Smooth Ceylon and Indulgence ground coffee from Soul Coffee
- Fresh dairy milk from Renusha Dairy
- Reusable stainless steel straws from Parkville
- Organic plain and toasted coconut chips, creamed coconut and coconut milk drink from Cocomi Bio
- Coir pouches and organic slow release nutrient granules from Eco Greeners