GALLE GOOD MARKET
GALLE EVENTS10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Looking for lunch? Try vegetable or seafood BBQ cooked up by new vendor Nimna BBQ in stall 19.
- Sip Sayura returns to the market with their pop-up fruit juice Japura Fruiteez in stall 6. When you buy their refreshing juices you are supporting their efforts to build fully equipped computer labs in rural schools.
- Niroshan's Cakes joins the Good Market with a range of homemade cakes. Choose from chocolate cake, date cake, mud cake, cupcakes and more in stall 2.
- Gami Gedara Spice has a range of natural, homemade spice blends including roasted curry powder, crab & prawn curry mix, chicken curry mix and beef curry mix in stall 10
- Manacare Foundation volunteers are doing a special fundraiser in stall 9 this week. Pick up some handmade soap or accessories and support their social services.
- All natural joint and muscle pain balm is the newest addition to the Moonshadow range of personal and home care products. Browse their selection of soaps, balms, saree bags, natural crystal deodorant, washable cloth pads and she cups in stall 3.
- Fresh up country vegetables from PGS Organic certified farms in Nuwara Eliya PGS will be available in stall 4.
- Kithul Wood Designs has unique kithul stem and kithul wood plant holders, light fixtures and housewares in stall 13
- Dunvila Sustainables is back with their pure bee honey, bee honey with cinnamon and garlic in bee honey in stall 18
- DHD Handloom has handloom fabric, clothing, and housewares in stall 17
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 5 including organic cacao powder, organic teas, organic rice, body care products, organic dried fruit snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Senses
12pm - 3pm: Deep house by Gaia
3pm - 4pm: Live music by Shehani and Mickey
4m - 5pm: Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Iridescence Foundation brings the healing power of art through classes for marginalized children. Visit their one day interactive stall in B4 to add your message to a giant banner of positive vibes, request a custom drawing and support their mission by selecting from their items for sale. They will also be having a kids paint activity which will be displayed in an upcoming climate change project.
- Enjoy a homemade waffle with sweet or savoury topping from new vendor Waffle Queen in stall B3.
- Browse a selection of home decor and furnishings from returning vendor Home Collection in stall C3.
- Savour the authentic flavours of Thailand with homemade eats from returning vendor Phavinee's Kitchen in stall A6
- Pick up a bag (or several) of organic local oranges at a 10% discount from Saaraketha in stall F4 and make some refreshing and cooling homemade orange juice.
- Pick up a jar of sweet and sour billing and date chutney from Yummy Goodness in stall F4. They will also have a selection of other slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutneys made with local and sustainably sourced ingredients.
- It’s never too early to secure a thoughtful, responsible gift of love. Visit Secret Garden in stall B1 to order a custom arrangement of cacti, aloe, and succulent plants (for pick-up next week) or choose from the unique selection which will is ready to take home right away.
- All things crocheted, from toys to jewellery can be found in Happy Crafts’ stall B7. Their items are handmade by women in Kurunegala providing a source of independence through financial stability. Click here to read an article about Happy Craft which was recently featured on the blog: www.yourssustainably.com
- Treat yourself at stall A4 with a slice of fresh lemon curd cake or (or ‘and’!) blueberry cheesecake, two new additions to the selection of goodies from Monique’s Gourmet Food.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
NEW PRODUCTS and UPDATES:
- Mixed salad from Lanka Salad Company
- Homemade yoghurt with red currant from Senani
- Twig pencil and magnetic photo frames from Back to Earth
- Mulberry and strawberry jam from Yummy Goodness
- Regular, lemongrass and green tea kombucha from FLOW Health Bar
- Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
- Stevia powder, extract and dried leaves from Cayambe Lanka
- Pasta sauce from Relish
- Pure bee honey from Dunvila Sustainables
- Citrus Summer Spray, dish wash liquid and all-purpose cleaner from Kemara
- Lina sandalwood soap from Buluwala Herbals.
- Ghee, sesame oil and mustard oil from Northern Palmyrah Traders
- Almond and cashew butters from Soul Food
- Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
- Organic coconut sugar and cacao powder from Organic Life
- Sustainable seafood from Ceylon Catch, antibiotic- and hormone- free chicken from Amiron Farms.
- Vegetarian, meatless sausages, nuggets and more from Supersun
- Karapincha sambol, green mango curry, fried drumstick curry and more from Larich