The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. There are new and returning vendors at the Colombo market this week along with a flash mob and games. Come check it out!
COLOMBO EVENTSCOLOMBO EVENTS
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Izuru
10.3am - 11am: Flash mob and commencement of games for teens and kids by Rise for Love (R4L), is a campaign by Road to Rights, to build awareness on human rights
12pm - 3pm: R&B and classic music by Senses
3pm - 4pm: Live music by Jayanga
4.30pm - 4.40pm: Flash mob and games for kids and teens by Rise for Love (R4L)
4:40pm - 5pm: Community open Mic
4pm - 5pm: Nature kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at stall A8)
5pm - 6pm: Acoustic performance and beat boxes for Rise for Love (R4L).
- Pras & Danties is a new vendor specializing in batik lingerie, swimwear, bags and accessories using cotton and silk fabrics and upcycled trims from local apparel factories. Find them in stall B6
- National Preschool Teachers Federation of Trade Unions joins the market with housewares and furniture made from from upcycled wood pallets, accessories made from fabric scraps, reed bags, banana fiber bags, unbleached cotton toys and wooden puzzles in stall E3
- My Dream School by IMCD identifies disadvantaged schools, organizes field visits and needs assessments, and mobilizes local funding and volunteers for the required facility improvements. Support them in stall D6
- Katupotha Estate is back with organic coconuts and 3 varieties of organic mangoes in stall B2.
- Gami Gedara has a new weralu boost made from king coconut water blended with fresh weralu. Have a drink from stall A4.
- Saaraketha will be offering a 10% discount on their organic guava in stall F4
- Dr PPARs plant based micro algae daily supplements can help reduce the risk of kidney, liver and heart failure in diabetic patients. Visit them in stall A5
- Secret Garden has a range of cacti and succulents in clay and ceramic pots. Check out their new hanging arrangement in stall B1.
- Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in stall C1. Browse examples of their work here
- Monique's Gourmet Food will have love cake, pear and passionfruit cake, cashew nut brownies, nutty chocolate ganache and blueberry lemon cake, home made mustard sauce and more in stall A3
- Kumquat season is back! Check out delicious kumquat marmalade and other slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutney's made from local and sustainably sourced ingredients from Yummy Goodness. Available at the Good Market Shop and Saturday Good Market, stall number F4.
- Deen the Bookman has collectible books in Stall A1
- Lina sandalwood scrub soap is an artisan soap made from Ayurvedic herbal ingredients packaged in bio-degradeable, hand- woven talipot leaf containers. Pick up a bar to soothe and treat your skin from stall E3.
- Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B9.
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are new vendor and returning vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
10am - 11am: Community open mic
10am - 6pm: Helan Creations will be on hand with a sewing machine and seamstress expertise to tackles any alterations and repairs. Bring down your clothing for mending!
11am - 1pm: Language Club meets at the information stall. Interested in practicing or learning English, Sinhala, Tamil? Make friends and swap language practice in this friendly and supportive group.
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Community open mic
4pm - 5pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
5pm - 6pm: Chillout Music
- LOVI Ceylon is back with their unique handloom sarongs designed for movement. Each LOVI sarong has pockets to carry your phone and essentials, a belt for security, and a lining for comfort. Visit lovisarongs.com/style for styling ideas and choose your favorite in Stall 6
- Dunvila Sustainables is new at the Galle market with their pure bee honey, bee honey with cinnamon and garlic in bee honey in Stall 9
- Gami Gedara Spice has a range of natural, homemade spice blends including roasted curry powder, crab & prawn curry mix, chicken curry mix and beef curry mix in Stall 3.
- Nidahasa is offering 10% off on their laptop covers and book covers in stall 11. Pick up a handloom cover to add a unique touch of color this new year.
- Dudley Silva Batik is having a 15% sale on all products this week. Browse their selection of traditional batik clothing, wall hangings, bags and more in stall 12.
- Koularagama Ceramics will have ready to eat steam corn and kolakandha in addition to their handmade ceramics in stall 9.
- Rainforest Foods is introducing iced tea and hot and iced coffee in stall 8. Sip a cup while browsing their selection of spices, syrups, moringa powder and more.
- Galle Wood Carving has a new kids' wooden puzzle available in stall 10.
- Cafe Francais Bakery will be selling croissants, paan chocolate, cinnamon rolls and brown bread at the Good Market shop stall number 13.
- Fresh upcountry vegetables including carrot, beets, leeks, radish, cabbage, cucumber and zucchini will be available in stall 14.
- Moonshadow will have it's range of body soaps, dish wash bars, laundry powder, herbal balms, 100% natural mosquito spray, natural deodorant crystals, Cayambe Lanka's range of stevia products and Eco Femme washable cloths pads and she cups in stall 15.
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 13 including organic coconut spreads, coffee, organic spices, soaps, lotions, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day, across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors.
Have a bite of panattu!
Never heard of, let alone tried panattu? Saturday is your lucky day! Good Market shop will have samples of Northern Palmyrah Trading’s palmyrah panattu which is a ready-to-eat snack high in vitamins A and E made from the dried pulp of the palmyrah fruit. The texture is similar to a sweeter version of dried apricots. Have a taste and grab a box of this local, nutritious snack which is free from artificial flavours and preservatives.
- Braggs organic apple cider vinegar with the mother is a raw, unfiltered vinegar boasting the full benefit of gut-friendly bacteria, enzymes and cultures to support healthy metabolism, boost immunity and can also be used externally for skin and hair care. This product is new in stores this week, imported from USA by Finch Trading.
- Sweet and sour hot sauce from The Relish to add some tangy spice to your table.
- Half-price organic corn chips, organic buckwheat flour, organic oils, vinergars, organic mayonnaise and whole peeled tomatoes in BPA free cans from OrganicoGuru
- Organic raw cacao powder, coconut sugar, loose and bagged chai tea, loose and bagged green tea and more from Greenfield Organic Life
- Kithul syrup and jaggery from Haritha Lanka
- Sea salt and deodorant crystals from Saviya Natural
- Buttermilk chillies and palmyrah jaggery from Northern Palmyrah Traders. Sesame oil, mustard oil also available.
- Fresh dates from FoodLink. Their kurrakkan, gram and atta flours are also in stock.
- Free range eggs free from antibiotics and hormones from Malpotha Farms and Via Village.
- Plain yoghurt and buffalo milk curd from Renusha Dairy Products.
- Ceylon pink detox tea
- Gluten-free pasta, organic buckwheat flour, sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil and more from OrganicoGuru
- Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
- Goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, chia seeds and more from What on Earth
- Organic noodles and pasta, organic spices, organic curry pastes and more from Ma's Foods Organic
- Organic coconut flour, coconut butter and coconut oil from Coconut Miracle.
- Plain and fruit yoghurt from Senani
- Sustainably harvested sardines, tuna cubes and prawns from Ceylon Catch
- Natural chicken with no antibiotics or growth promoters from Amiron Farms