The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are new vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
GALLE EVENTSAll Day: Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at the Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Community open mic
4pm - 5pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
5pm - 6pm: Chillout Music
- New vendor SolScreen will have non-toxic, coral friendly handmade sunscreen available in stall 7.
- Starpotion will be joining the market with vegan energy balls and other healthy, raw and vegan items in stall 7.
- Sathsetha will be demonstrating the art of making kokis and kavum in stall 4. Visit them to learn how these traditional festive foods are made and don’t forget to taste some too!
- Koularagama Ceramics will have ready to eat steamed corn and baby corn in addition to their nature-inspired handmade ceramics in stall 6.
- Nidahasa has a selection of reusable bags and totes made from upcycled bulk rice sacks in stall 14.
- Lion Kithul Wood has new spoons and forks this week. Pick up a set in stall 10 to add a unique and natural look to your tableware collection.
- FriendzHome has a fresh stock of second hand books and clothes for sale in stall 9
- Home baked croissants and breads from Le Cafe Francais will be available at the Good Market shop stall 8.
- Antique Collectors is bringing a selection of vintage ceramic plates and dishes. Browse their range in stall 10.
- Galle Wood Carving has new hand-carved elephant statues in stall 13.
- Ceylon Tafel will be having special dates, banana, passion fruit and kurakkan cakes as well as tea and coffee in stall 9
- Moonshadow will have their range of handmade body soaps, dish wash bars, laundry powder, herbal balms, 100% natural mosquito spray, natural deodorant crystals and Cayambe Lanka's range of stevia products in stall 7.
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. Come check it out!
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Senses
12pm - 1pm: Deep house by Gaia
1pm - 1:30pm: Live music by Sabra
1.30pm - 4pm: Live music by Clyide and Shehan
4:40pm - 5pm: Community open Mic
4pm - 5pm: Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A10)
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- SOS Children's Villages will be back under the nuga tree this week. Find out more about their mission to provide care and support for orphaned, neglected or abandoned children and how they create family units within a 'village' community to ensure children grow up in as nurturing and supportive environment as possible.
- Voice Foundation will be selling items to fund-raise for their upcoming Voice Walk against child abuse. Support this worthy cause and find out more in stall E4.
- OrganicoGuru is offering discounted prices on The Australian Superfood Co’s Raw Bars. Get 20g bar from Rs. 200 and 40g bar from Rs. 325 in stall D6.
- Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in stall C1
- Saaraketha will be offering a 10% discount on their organic watermelon in stall F4
- Secret Garden has cacti, aloe, and other naturally grown succulent plants which make great planet-friendly gifts to brighten up a home or office. in Stall B3.
- Yummy Goodness is bringing their mango & date chutney as well as other slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutneys made out of local and sustainably sourced ingredients browse their selection and pick up a jar or two stall number F4.
- ECO-V is running an awareness program on “Harmful Effect of Microwave Ovens” in stall A10 along with their selection of bamboo cups, kolapath plates, naturally dyed cotton clothing, essential oils and a selection of edible and medicinal plants.
- Dr PPARs plant based micro algae daily supplements can help reduce the risk of kidney, liver and heart failure in diabetic patients. It also boosts the immune system and supports detoxification. Visit them in stall A6
- Raja Gedaraby Team We will be serving their tasty rice and curry and other homemade traditional foods in stall D9
You can also find vendors with ethical clothing and shoes, responsibly sourced gem and silver jewellery, hand-crafted accessories, toys and home decor, wooden utensils and tableware, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, all-natural sweeteners, all natural body care products, ready-to-eat food and drink and more.
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day, across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors.
NEW PRODUCTS and UPDATES
- Pet shampoo bar and new bath bar packaging from Aurelia Soapworks
- Organic black chai tea, green mint tea and Earl Grey tea from Bio Foods
- A limited stock of pasteurised fresh whole milk from Renusha Dairy Products will be available in 1L and 550ml bottles starting this weekend. Based on customer response we will be making it a regular addition to the dairy section!
- Coconut oil from Coconut Miracle.
- Organic mulligatawny vegetable soup from Ma's Happy Life Kitchen
- Organic cinnamon powder, cinnamon sticks and pachchaperumal rice from Bio Foods
- Coffee and chocolate soy milk from Be Veg.
- Free range eggs free from antibiotics and hormones from Malpotha Farms and Via Village.
- Plain yoghurt from Renusha Dairy Products.
- Body bars and mosquito repellant balm from Moonshadow
- Eye oil from Esther's
- Organic vegetables and fruits from Karal traders, Saaraketha and Nature Farms.
- Strawberry yoghurt drink from Frutty Fro Yo
- Ginger, pineapple, cacao and plain coconut spreads from Greenfield Organic Life
- Tahini and peanut butter from Rangala House Gourmet
- Mangosteen, moringa and garcinia powder supplements from Rainforest Foods.
- Braggs organic apple cider vinegar with the mother is a raw, unfiltered vinegar boasting the full benefit of gut-friendly bacteria, enzymes and cultures to support healthy metabolism, boost immunity and can also be used externally for skin and hair care. This product is new in stores this week, imported from USA by Finch Trading.
- Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
- Momiji Natural reusable, washable menstrual pads
- Natural sunscreen lotion, mosquito repellent and shower gel from Green Leaf Herbals