The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day, across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors.
Cafe Kumbuk is at Good Market shop!
Good Market vendor, Cafe Kumbuk opened a second location right here in the Good Market shop! Cafe Kumbuk Good Market is serving up predominantly vegan and vegetarian menu, with a focus on locally sourced produce. Stop by for a relaxed meal or grab a bite to-go from their range of juices, smoothies, sandwiches, wraps and more!
Life Food is shifting to bigger space with a full kitchen at A1 Perahera Mawatha, Colombo, next to Beira Lake and the Brown Bean Coffee has expanded to a cafe at the British Council and a mobile coffee truck.
NEW PRODUCTS and UPDATES:
- Organic red and white rice flours from Bio Foods.
- Foxtail and kodo millet from Thulsi Super Seeds. Foxtail millet is a slow digesting source of carbohydrate which is rich in protein and fibre making it a nutritious grain for diabetic patients. The kodo millet cooks up to give a nutty flavor and is also high in fibre and low in fat.
- New heirloom rice variety rankahawanu from Bio Foods joins our existing range of suwandel, madathawalu and pachchuperumal. Try out traditional red or white grains and enjoy the flavour and nutritional benefits.
- Organic soursop juice from Govi Aruna.
- Cleopatra’s Secret soothing organic chamomile flower tea from Greenfield Organic Life.
- Aurelia Soapworks continues to improve and innovate with updated packaging for their unscented body bars to feature the thumbprint of the person who hand wrapped it!
- Organic whole wheat flour from Ma’s Happy Life Kitchen.
- Sozo lemon iced tea.
- Soursop and mango jam from Yummy Goodness
- Mixed quinoa from OrganicoGuru
- Karangoda Apiary bees honey from Elixir of Life straight from the beekeeper to you.
BACK IN STOCK:
- Organic baby spinach and lettuce from Go Organic- Nature Farms.
- Methi herbal shampoo from Pilapitiya Ayurveda
- Helinta Eco lemongrass and lotus fragranced body lotions
- Senani coconut chia pudding.
- Renusha Dairy buffalo curd
- Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
- Sustainable seafood from Ceylon Catch, antibiotic- and hormone- free chicken from Amiron Farms.
- Vegetarian, meatless sausages, nuggets and more from Supersun
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are new vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
GALLE EVENTS10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
7pm - 8pm: Ruhunu Ranga Soba
Low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
- Fresh, organic upcountry vegetables including carrots, leeks and zucchini are back in stall 6
- Kanchi Crafts has all new intricately carved coconut shell necklaces and cocnut shell bowls in stall 3
- Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in stall 1.
- Nayana Plants will be in stall 11 with indoor plants in coir and clay pots.
- Sol Screen has coral reef and health friendly sunscreen in stall 5
- Southern Masks preserves the traditional art of wooden masks, paintings, sculptures and puppets and passing it along to the next generation. Browse their creations in stall 4
- Moonshadow will have their range of handmade body soaps, dish wash bars, laundry powder, herbal balms, 100% natural mosquito spray, natural deodorant crystals and Cayambe Lanka's range of stevia products in stall 6.
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 7 including organic cacao powder, organic teas, organic rice, body care products, organic dried fruit snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. There are two new vendors this week, come check them out!
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Senses
12pm - 1pm: Deep house by Gaia
1pm - 1:30pm: Live music by Shenuka
1:30pm - 3pm: Deep house by Gaia
3m - 4pm: Live music by Clyide and Shehan
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Mantra Life Center is new to the market and will have crispy dosa with grain curry, delicious gram soup, healthy sweets including semolina cake and peanut lolly and more in stall C7
- Hela Rasa Rasa joins the market this week with a selection of herbal leafy green and grain porridges, traditional sweets and snacks, herbal beverages and more in stall E4
- Pras and Danties will have a new lounge-wear collection including tank tops, batik tshirts, yoga pants, shorts and tights made from cotton and silk fabrics and upcycled trims from local apparel factories. Find them in stall B9
- Yummy Goodness will have delicious papaya chutney as well as other slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutneys made out of local and sustainably sourced ingredients browse their selection and pick up a jar or two stall number F4.
- Chrysalis is back with WEAVE, a collaborative effort to support a group of women including widows and ex-combatants from two small villages in Northern Sri Lanka. Support them by picking up handmade sarees, shawls and scarves from stall D9.
- OrganicoGuru in stall D6 is offering 20% discount in celebration of the Saturday Good Markets 4th year Anniversary. (Not applicable to already discounted items)
- Saaraketha will be offering a 15% discount on their organic radish in stall F4
- Secret Garden has cacti, aloe, and other naturally grown succulent plants in Stall B3. They make great planet-friendly gifts to brighten up a home or office.