The Colombo Good Market is back after the holidays and will be open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. There is a new vendor at the Colombo market this week. Come check it out!
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Izuru
12pm - 3pm: R&B and deep house music by Senses
3pm - 4pm: Live music by Tiana
4pm - 5pm: Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A10)
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Chrysalis is new to the market this week with WEAVE, a collaborative effort to support a group of women including widows and ex-combatants from two small villages in Northern Sri Lanka. The group works to revive the once a booming handloom industry in the North and you can support their mission by picking up handmade sarees, shawls and scarves from stall D7.
- Buy two packets of organic corn chips (200g each) for only Rs. 500 from Organico Guru in stall D5.
- Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and water colors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in stall C1.
- Secret Garden has a selection of soft leaf succulents, aloe, dyckia and cacti in stall B2. Pick a plant to grow with you through the new year.
- Saaraketha will be offering a 10% discount on their organic guava in Stall F4.
- ECO-V is running an awareness program on “Harmful Effect of Microwave Ovens” in stall A10 along with their selection of bamboo cups, kolapath plates, naturally dyed cotton clothing, essential oils and a selection of edible and medicinal plants.
- Grain Foods is introducing toasted garlic kurakkan bread slices, grain bread, kurakkan thosa or green chapathi with grain curry in stall C3.
- Deen the Bookman has a new selection of collectible books for the new year in Stall A1.
- Yummy Goodness will have delicious mulberry & strawberry jam and other slow cooked jams, marmalades and chutney's made out of local and sustainably sourced ingredients. Available at the Good Market Shop and Saturday Good Market, stall number F4.
- Raja Gedhara by Team WE will be serving tasty, traditional rice and curry meals starting this week in stall D9.
- Saduni Batiks has new dresses and sarees in fun colours for the new year. Browse their selection of handmade textiles and unique designs in stall B4.
- Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae nutritional supplement tablets which help modulate the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Visit them in Stall A6.
- Ketsa will be in stall C9 with their 100% silk batik ,cotton batik and linen designer wear.
- Organics by Vault has a selection of organic certified food items sourced from the United Kingdom in stall B9. A percent of profits will be donated to local farming communities living with chronic kidney disease.
- Pedals has unique and colorful handmade, handloom wedges, sandals and ballet flats in stall C7.
- Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B10
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There is a new vendor and two returning vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
10am - 1pm: Community open mic
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music by Minushka
3pm - 4pm: Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- New vendor Sathsetha joins the market this week with traditional foods and ingredients. Welcome them and sample their products in stall 11.
- Kanchi Crafts has new seashell necklaces and unique coconut shells jewelry in stall 6.
- French bakery at Kahuna Club in Unawatuna will be bringing fresh baked brown bread, plain croissants and chocolate croissants available at the Good Market shop stall number 3.
- Fresh upcountry vegetables including carrots, beets, zucchini, beans, radish, cabbage, and more along with fresh rosemary, thyme and lavender from Sunrise Organic Farms will be available in stall 2.
- Moonshadow will have handmade natural soap, crystal deodorant, biodegradable laundry powder, liquid soap, a range of essential oils and washable cloth pads from Eco Femme in stall 2.
- Greenfield Organic Life is bringing a range of organic spices grown through forest gardening in their tea estate in Haputale. Select from teas and spices in stall 4.
- Gami Gedara Spice has a range of natural, homemade spice blends including roasted curry powder, crab & prawn curry mix, chicken curry mix and beef curry mix in Stall 11.
- Sewitha Products is back at Good Market with kithul flour, syrup and kithul flour prepared foods made with raw sugar and natural ingredients. Welcome them back in stall 8.
- Koularagama Ceramics is back at the market with ceramic tableware, housewares and jewelry inspired by local flora and fauna and hand crafted by their community cooperative near Udawalawe National Park. Pick up a unique item from stall 9.
- Nethroo Masks has traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall 12.
- Chami Foods has homemade fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall 11.
- Place a custom order or peruse the selection of polished all natural kithul wood and coconut wood housewares by Lion Kithul Wood in stall 13.
- FriendzHome in stall 9 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
- Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in stall 14.
- Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing, bed covers and accessories in stall 12. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
- Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in stall 9.
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 3 including organic teas, pastas, organic spices, soaps, lotions, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day, across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
- Light and dark soy sauce back in stock from Tea House.
- Devilled and jaggery roasted peanut snack packs from Little T's. Little T’s peanuts are grown with no synthetic agrichemicals by the mothers of special needs children.
- Organic spices, teas and coconut oil from Greenfield Organic Life.
- Gluten-free pasta, organic buckwheat flour, organic quinoa, organic certified corn and potato chips, sunflower oil, extra virgin olive oil and more from OrganicoGuru
- Kithul jaggery and thalaguli from Haritha Lanka
- Salted and spice roasted cashews from Addictive Cashews
- Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
- Organic certified heirloom suwandel rice from Ecowave
- Goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, chia seeds and more from What on Earth
- Gram (chickpea) flour, kurakkan flour atta flour from FoodLink.
- Sea salt and deodorant crystals from Saviya Natural.
- Organic noodles and pasta, organic spices and spice gift boxes, organic curry pastes and more from Ma's Foods Organic
- Organic certified madathawalu and red and white rice flour from Bio Foods
- Cashew crumble and coconut crumble Hope Cookies from Sahan Sevana
- Plain yoghurt and traditional buffalo milk curd from Renusha Dairy Products
- Organiccoconut milk powder, plain coconut chips and coconut spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
- New savoury tomato and chilli jam, tahini, peanut butter, beetroot marinade, and green papaya pineapple chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
- Plain and fruit yoghurt from Senani
- All natural ginger lime tonic, lemongrass mint and more beverages from SOZO Beverages
- Soy milk beverages, vegetarian “meatless meat” cocktail sausages, hot dogs, burgers and more from Supersun
- Bath soaps and shampoo bar from Aurelia Soapworks
- Handmade soaps, baby shampoo, face wash, after sun lotion and mroe from Green Leaf Herbals
- Bath soaps, laundry powder, dish soap, hair oil, mosquito repellent, healing salve and lip balms from Moonshadow
- Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
- Sustainably harvested sardines, tuna cubes and prawns from Ceylon Catch
- Natural chicken with no antibiotics or growth promoters from Amiron Farms
- Citronella mosquito repellent candles from Fone Candles