GALLE GOOD MARKET
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World. Volunteers welcome to join.
4 to 6 - Community open mic
6:45 to 8.30 - Ruhunu Ranga Sobha
Low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
* New vendor Cocomi Bio Organic will have certified organic coconut water, coconut chips, coconut flour, vegan coconut milk drinks and more in Stall C4 at the Galle Good Market this week.
* Wasana Foods has village style rice and curry lunch in clay pots, fresh juices made with king coconut, roti, and more during the day in Stall B3. Stop by during Ruhunu Ranga Soba for grilled panini, vegetable soup, and polos cutlets.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, cowpea vadai, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, village fruits, and hot tea in Stall C2.
* Friends Home in Stall B3 has quality second-hand clothing, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more. Reduce, reuse, recycle!
* Rice & Carry and Bludge are back at the Galle Good Market! Bludge is introducing their new line of BLUDGEBAGS, a reversible hip bag with detachable straps that can be used as a shoulder bag or backpack. It’s hand screen printed by Team Bludge and sewn by Jayantha, their village tailor. Great for festivals and parties.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Singeethi has kurukkan kokis, belimal herbal tea and more in Stall B2.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C6. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C7 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions below? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10 to 12 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
12 to 3 - Lounge music by Gaianaka
3 to 3:30 - Live music by Jayanga & Jehan
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure by ECO-V (meet in A12)
4 to 6 - Chill out, R&B and community open mic with Senses
* New vendor Kanch will have a new line of batik shoes and upcycled denim batik in Stall B3.
* New vendor LOVI Ceylon will have unique handloom sarongs designed for movement. Each LOVI sarong has pockets to carry your phone and essentials, a belt for security, and a lining for comfort. Visit lovisarongs.com/style for styling ideas and choose your favorite in Stall A10.
* From Darkness to Light is working to prevent suicide and eliminate the stigma of mental illness. Visit them under the nuga tree to learn more about their activities and support the cause by purchasing a hand-painted mug.
* Go Organic Nature Farms will have freshly harvested certified organic kale in Stall B1 this week.
* Poori's has healthy Indian dishes and atta chapati wraps in Stall C8. This week they’re introducing a new chapati noodle dish with veggies, paneer or chicken.
* Saturday is the last day of Secret Garden’s July dyckia promotion. Drop by Stall B10 and get 15% off a new dyckia plant for your home or office.
* Sena Eco Shoes has introducing a new line of handloom bags in Stall E4. They are also launching a partnership with Guayapi Lanka and will be featuring forest garden products from Maussawa Estate: kithul, urucum, coconut shell housewares, and mango, passion fruit and ambarella jams and cordials.
* Eyecatching is back at the Colombo Good Market this week. Visit Stall B10 and check out their beautiful range of wooden bowls, plates, cutting boards, signs and more.
* Milk & Honey Café will have their popular aubergine bake, zucchini and fennel tarts, root vegetable quiches, wholemeal kids cookies and more in Stall C10.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be in Stall D5 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Dathri has a new collection of picture frames and boxes made from sustainably sourced bamboo and rubberwood. Stop by Stall B2 to learn more about their custom design options.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B4. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
* Gluten-free brownies, vegan date & oat bars, vegan banana cake, cookies and more from Milk & Honey Café (the display chiller is fixed!)
* Certified organic baby spinach and mixed lettuce from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Organic PGS mixed salad greens and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Raw organic PGS cashew from Asgiriya Estate in Puttalam
* Free range eggs from Via Village in Vavuniya and Malpotha Farm near Bandarawela
* Laundry powder, dishwash soap, activated charcoal odor absorbers, and upcycled sari bags from Moonshadow
* Organic certified vegan coconut milk drink, coconut cream, coconut butter spread, desiccated coconut, and ready-to-eat toasted coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Grated mozzarella, cheddar and paneer from Lili Dairy
* All natural fruit yogurt from Senani Organics
* Pure bee honey, kithul syrup, kithul jaggery paste and moringa leaf powder fromRainforest Foods
* Organic certified dried fruit snacks, cinnamon drink, mango drink from Govi Aruna Organic
* Iced chai latte, rose hibiscus, cinnamon lime and lime crush cold drinks fromSOZO
* Organic cardamom, cinnamon, curry paste, soups and pasta from Ma's Foods Organic
* Baked atta pita chips from Saffron Persian Delights
* Basil pesto and kombucha probiotic drink from Flow Health Bar
* Atta chapatti from Paan Paan Artisan
* Starfruit and passion fruit jam and other traditionally slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys from Yummy Goodness
* Pure jungle bee honey, bee honey with organic cinnamon, and bee honey with garlic from Dunvila Sustainables
* Hand-rolled artisan teas from Amba Estate’s organic farm near Ella
* Pure vanilla paste and vanilla pods from Ceylon Vanilla
* All natural goji berries, chia seeds, flax seeds, Himalayan salt, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecan, and macadamia nuts from What On Earth
* Organic certified heirloom rice, red rice flour, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder and coconut milk from Bio Foods
* Prawns, crab meat, cuttlefish, and tuna from Ceylon Catch
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm