COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10am - 12pm: Morning chillout music by Izuru
12pm to 3pm: RnB and classic music from Senses
3pm to 4pm: Live music by Jayanga
4pm to 6pm: Community open mic
- Need a new look but can’t give up your favourite t-shirt? Bring it over to stall A7 to upcycle into a new accessory for just Rs.500/=. House of Lonali is back this March with her latest collection of shoes, bags and more upcycled products. Working with the cottage industry in Sri Lanka, House of Lonali upcycles pre-consumer discards from the apparel industry and gives them a new life. Special discounts are on offer for selected products.
- All new thirst-quencher from Gami Gedara in the form of the Healthy Up smoothie made with sour sop, narang, gotukola, banana and heen bowitiya, blended with king coconut water. Try it out in stall A6
- Aloes, cacti and more wait to add a burst of living green to any room or office. Pick up your own Secret Garden from stall B2.
- Healthy snacking options in the form of 20% off organic cranberries, apple rings and currants from Organico Guru in stall D7.
- ECO-V will be running an awareness program about the impact of styrofoam in stall A11. They are also introducing Wormy Wash, a 100% natural liquid fertilizer to their existing range of essential oils, donation based seedlings and all natural bamboo and katupotha plates and utensils.
- Mashed, roasted or boiled into salad, what's your favourite spud prep method? Try it with 10% off on organic 'kiri ala' from Saaraketha Organics in stall F5.
- Congratulations to Good Market vendor and Colombo market staple, Frutty Froyo whose all-natural youghurt drinks are now available at Keell's supermarkets! Visit stall A10 and enjoy a swirl of delicious froyo to celebrate with them.
- Dr PPARs is offering 10% off their Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae nutritional supplement tablets which help modulate the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification in stall D2.
- WEAVE by Chrysalis is a collaborative effort to support a group of women in two small villages in Northern Sri Lanka. The group works to revive the once a booming handloom industry in the North and you can support their mission by picking up handmade sarees, shawls and scarves from stall A9.
- Deen the Bookman has a new selection of collectible books in stall A1.
You can also get a massage and find vendors with all-natural body care products, ethical clothing and shoes, responsibly sourced gem and silver jewellery, hand-crafted accessories, toys and arts and crafts, linens, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, all-natural spices, fresh juices and local pickles, ready-to-eat food for dine-in and take-away and more.
Starting on Saturday, March 11th from 10am-11am, Carrie will be leading a gentle session for all levels on a donation basis (all proceeds go to charity).
Bring a mat and a bottle of water and join in.
GALLE GOOD MARKET
10am - 11am: Community open mic
11am - 1pm: Language Club for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group. Meet at Information Stall
1pm - 2pm: Chill out music
3pm - 4pm: Kids adventure session meets at the Good Market Information Stall.
4pm - 6pm: Community open mic
- Organic cinnamon vendor, Amuura joins Galle market with home-baked cakes in stall 6.
- Natural homemade spice blends from Gami Gedara Spice in stall 12
- Visit stall 3 for a slice of homemade banana cake from Ceylon Tafel, decorative mehendi from MiniMehendi World and a new selection of second hand clothes from FriendzHome
- Sevens Eco stock clearance sale in stall 2 with items marked down to Rs. 250/= upwards.
- Nidahasa has new handmade bags in stall 8.
- Ness Valley will have a new coconut cake made with rice flour in stall 10.
- You can find Good Market products from other regions in stall 4 including organic vegetables, cacao powder, organic teas, organic rice, body care products, organic dried fruit snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0117446433 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
You can also find vendors with batik handloom and upcycled handmade clothing and shoes, wooden utensils and tableware, home decor, linens and crafts, upcycled accessories, organic spices and supplements, ready-to-eat food and drink and more.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
- All new, tempting chocolate flavoured and unscented lip balms from Aurelia Soapworks now available.
- Cool down with Carino's two new flavours. Choose from red velvet ice cream and lemon sorbet, or try both!
BACK IN STOCK:
- Whole wheat pita bread, tortilla, chilli oil and sweet chillie sauce from Mama Aida's.
- Non-dairy chocolate soy milk drinks from Be Veg by Sujan International is back in stock.
- Popular jaggery paste from Rainforest Foods is back on the shelf.
- All SOZO beverage flavours including Rose Hibiscus, Lemongrass Mint and Lemon Iced Tea are back in the chiller to quench your thirst.
- Organic ready-to-eat soups from Ma's Happy Life Kitchen. Select from Tom Kha, Vegetable Mulligatawny, Creamed Pumpkin, Mango & Mustard, and Garlic & Gotukola
- Snack on healthy jaggery and sesame thalaguli from Haritha Lanka
- Organic vegetables and fruits from Saaraketha, Karal Traders, Katupotha Estates and Ellawala Horticulture
- Veto disposable plastic straws that end up being a health hazard to wildlife in the environment and get your own reusable stainless steel straws from Parkville.
- Get hooked on chilli, cumin, cinnamon and plain roasted cashew nuts from Addictive Cashews
- All natural, antibiotic and hormone-free chicken from Amiron Farms
- PGS certified free-range eggs from Via Village