GALLE GOOD MARKET
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Urban Island Home is affiliated with Academy of Design. Their handcrafted range of fashion, housewares, and accessories integrate contemporary design while supporting village artisans. Find out more in Stall C3.
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold mango, papaya banana, watermelon, passion fruit and woodapple popsicles, village style rice and curry, green papaya achcharu, roti, kiribath, manioc, ash plantain and sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices and more in Stall C3
* Kanchi Crafts has unique coconut shell and seashell jewelry in Stall B5
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B6
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B2
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C1. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* FriendzHome in Stall C3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
10 to 12 - Kids Corner: Crafts with Hasini
10:30 - Live performance by Lahiru Perera to raise funds for 4-year-old Lisath’s bone marrow transplant
11 - Sumithrayo awareness program on suicide prevention
11:45 - Live performance by Kurumba to raise funds for 4-year-old Lisath’s bone marrow transplant
12 to 3 - Kids Corner: Crafts with Mangala
1:45 - Live performance by Lahiru Perera to raise funds for 4-year-old Lisath’s bone marrow transplant
3 - Live performance by Magic Box Mixup to raise funds for 4-year-old Lisath’s bone marrow transplant
3:30 - Discussion with Lisath and his mother
4 - Live performance by Ryan & Co to raise funds for 4-year-old Lisath’s bone marrow transplant
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
* Sumithrayo is doing a special awareness program on suicide prevention in Stall B8.
* New vendor Spicy Treats is made up of NEXT Campus students that decided to turn their university project into a full business. They'll be in Stall D6 with healthy local favorites from Yum Chow.
* New vendor Binuka Organic has organic certified fruits, vegetables, kithul syrup, jaggery and fresh milk from Morawaka in Stall B4
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on certified organic dragonfruit in Stall F4 this Saturday
* Cocomi Bio will be giving out samples of bread with their organic coconut flour in Stall D7
* ECO-V will have air plants, thulsi, mint, basil, red spinach, aloe vera, vetiver, air plants, ginger, and pomegranate “plants as friends” available for a donation. They’ll also have sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, bamboo and cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, and much more in Stall A12.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Buluwala Herbal has sandalwood scrub soap made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta in Stall E4. The antiseptic and astringent properties of these Ayurvedic ingredients help with acne, prickly heat rash, boils, vitiligo, itchy skin and oily skin. The eco-friendly packaging is made from talipot palm leaves by a worker owned initiative in Dambadeniya.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A9 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B9.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
* New chocolate and mocha vegan protein shakes from Soul Food
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves, rocket leaves and spinach pesto from Uva Forest Gardens
* Mango, cocoa, pineapple, banana and fruit & nut organic snack bars fromGreenfield Organic LIfe
* Organic certified rigatoni pasta, conchiglie pasta, mango and mustard soup, tom kha soup, and creamed pumpkin soup, from Ma's Foods Organic
* Organic English Breakfast tea, Nirvana tea, lemongrass ginger herbal tea and green mint tea from Greenfield Organic Life
*Iced chai latte, lime crush, lemongrass mint and ginger lime tonic from SOZO
*Organic certified dried watermelon, dried mango, dried papaya, dried banana, mango juice and cinnamon drink from Govi Aruna Organics
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Traditional buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renuka
* Mango, passionfruit, blueberry, strawberry and raspberry yogurt from Senani Organics
* Turkish walnuts, hazelnuts, hummus, muamara and havuclu meze from Big Borek
* All natural bee honey, kithul jaggery paste, hot curry powder and mild curry powder from Rainforest Foods
* Natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* All natural lavender oil, lemongrass oil, peppermint oil, citronella oil, eucalyptus oil and tea tree essential oil from Moonshadow
*Natural honey oatmeal soap, unscented bath soap, cucumber yogurt soap and green tea bath soap from Aurelia Soapworks
*Free range eggs from Malpotha Farm and Via Village
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm