COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. This week there’s a special performance by The Music Project Orchestra, two stalls run by Next Campus student entrepreneurs, and two new vendors. Hope to see you there!
11:30 to 1 - The Music Project
Nearly 200 young people from The Music Project Orchestra will be performing under the nuga tree as part of their Unite Roadshow. The Music Project connects children of the north and south using music as the link language. Participants are from Lakdas De Mel College, Pothubowa MV and Gunananda MV in Kurunegala and Mallavi Central College and Yohapuram MV in Mullaithivu.
1 to 3 - Music by Gaia
3 to 3:30 - Live music by Shan
3:30 to 6 - Community open mic
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A13)
* LEADS is organizing a One Team One Dream sports event for families in Trincomalee on September 3rd. They'll be in Stall E4 this week to spread the word about the event and raise funds through mehendi henna art
* Ambiente, a student team from Next Campus, will have housewares and accessories made from upcycled waste materials in Stall D7
* Coconutier by Gamee Kade, a student team from Next Campus, will have king coconut virgin mojitos and fresh hoppers made from Saaraketha organic ingredients in Stall D6
* New vendor Night Queen Lighting will have wooden reading lamps and wooden light shades made from mahogany, teak, and jack in Stall B4
* Island Craft is back at the Good Market. Their handcrafted range of fashion, housewares, and accessories integrate contemporary design while supporting village artisans. Find out more in Stall B3
* Kanch by Sanathana Batik Gallery has unique batik shoes and upcycled denim. Bring your old denim to Stall B11 and let them give it new life
* Poori's has paneer wraps, paneer dosa, paneer stuffed idli and other Indian favorites in Stall C1 this Saturday
* SOZO is launching Mixology in Stall A11 this week. Mix and match the 4 different flavors on tap to create your own version of SOZO. Refills available for Rs. 150
* Yummy Goodness will have katu lovi jam and other slow cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys made from sustainably sourced ingredients in Stall F4 and at the Good Market Shop.
* Sari Connection has a beautiful collection of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made from upcycled saris by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu. Don’t miss Stall B10
* Phavinee's Thai Kitchen is offering a special Kao Soi Kai chicken curry with rice noodles in Stall D8
* Saaraketha is offering a 15% discount on their certified organic passion fruit in Stall F4 this Saturday
* Buluwala Herbal has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12
GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open from 10 am this Saturday (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Ruhunu Ranga Soba and the monthly night market are happening this week with drumming, fire, dancing and more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
6:45 to 8:30 - Ruhunu Ranga Soba
Come check out this amazing low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
* Secret Garden is bringing their popular cacti, aloe, and other naturally grown succulent plants to the Galle Good Market this week. Don’t miss Stall C3
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell key holders in Stall B4
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, manioc, sweet potato, bread fruit, and ash plantain cutlets, kurakkan and coconut roti and much more in Stall D2
* Post Harvest Products will have karapincha porridge, rice flour biscuits, rice flour cake, kirala juice and traditional sweets and snacks in Stall C3
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, cowpea vadai, manioc and sambol, atta pancakes and kola kenda in Stall B5
* Kithul Wood Designs has unique kithul stem and kithul wood plant holders, light fixtures and housewards in Stall B3
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visit www.saaraketha.com/shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* FriendzHome in Stall D2 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C5 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* New chili and garlic infused organic coconut oil and vanilla infused organic coconut oil from Governor's Estate
* All natural lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, citronella, eucalyptus, and tea tree essential oils from Moonshadow back in stock
* Fresh tofu from ALE Soya
* Organic certified lettuce, baby spinach and potatoes from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Organic PGS mixed salad greens and rocket/arugula from Uva Forest Gardens
* Turkish walnuts, hazelnuts, hummus, muamara and havuclu meze from Big Borek
* Organic certified watermelon, seeni banana, ambul banana, woodapple, pineapple and passion fruit from Saaraketha
* New rustic green tea soap, liquid soap with lime essential oil, and oatmeal honey bath bars from Aurelia Soapworks
* New vegan cookies and cream, vanilla chocolate chip, and peanut butter ice cream from Carino
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Organic certified dried fruit snacks (mango, watermelon, banana), king coconut water, mango juice, and mixed fruit juice from Govi Aruna
* All natural palmyrah syrup and jaggery, pannattu dried fruit, and Northern bee honey from Northern Palmyrah
* Organic certified red rice flour, pachchaperumal and madathawalu heirloom rice from Bio Foods
* Organic certified rigatoni and conichiglie pasta from Ma's Foods
* Traditional buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renuka
* Organic PGS moringa leaf powder, meneri, oluhal, sesame seeds, white cowpea, red cowpea and green gram from Savira Natural Foods
* All natural quinoa, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, pine nuts and goji berries from What On Earth
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, desiccated coconut, coconut milk powder, coconut chips and coconut spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Vanilla pods, vanilla paste and vanilla extract from Ceylon Vanilla Company
* Iced chai latte, lime crush, lemongrass mint and rose hibiscus elixirs from SOZO
* Tuna, prawns, barramundi filets, crab meat and cuttlefish from Ceylon Catch
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm