GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here.
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
6:45 to 8 - Ruhunu Ranga Soba
Come check out this amazing low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire display organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
* Choose from a selection of organic, wellness herbal infusions from Greenfield Organic Life to detox and cleanse your body throughout this holiday season. Find them in Stall A3.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall A1.
* Place a custom order or peruse the selection of polished all natural kithul wood and coconut wood housewares by Lion Kithul Wood in Stall A2.
* FriendzHome in Stall C3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to FriendzHome and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more
* Chami Foods has homemade fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B1.
* Sevens Eco has a selection of cotton handloom clothing and accessories in Stall B3.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing, bed covers and accessories in Stall A3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in Stall C3 .
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C1 and C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, teas, peanut butter, organic spices, personal and home care products, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here.
10 to 11 - Morning chillout music by Izuru
11 to 12 - Solo singing by Clyide
12 to 2 - Deep house by Gaia
2 to 3 - R & B music by Senses
3 to 4 - Live music by Shehan and Jayanga
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A13)
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Sunset Music Festival 2016, the biggest dance music festival in Sri lanka will be selling tickets from 10am-2pm in Stall B6 and 5% of the proceeds will be donated to the Women In Need organisation.
* Rice & Carry is back at the Colombo Good Market this week and they’re launching their 50 for 1 campaign. Have a collection of plastic bags at home? Bring them to the Rice & Carry bin in Stall A4. For 50 clean bags dropped off over the next four weeks, adults will get a free reusable veggie bag. Kids will get a free pencil case made from old plastic bags.
* Sumithrayo will be raising funds through the sale of handmade greeting cards in Stall B11. They will have information on suicide prevention and stress management. Visit them to find out more about their mission and how you can get involved and learn skills to help yourself and others cope with negative emotional stress.
* Organico Guru is offering 20% off on all organic oils & vinegars including cold-pressed sesame oil, cold-pressed sunflower oil, white wine vinegar, and white wine vinegar. They are also running a buy-one-get-one-free promotion on their sea salted kale & quinoa popcorn in Stall D7
* ECO-V will have sustainably harvested bamboo cups, kolapath plates, bamboo and cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing and essential oils. They also have thulsi, mint, basil, red spinach, pomegranate, aloe vera, curry leaves, passion fruit and ginger “plants as friends” available for a donation in Stall A14.
* Happy to welcome back to the market, Booteek, a non-profit dedicated to benefiting underprivileged women in Sri Lanka. Browse their selection of handmade products in Stall A4
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Monai returns with a selection of hand painted clay trinket dishes, wooden candle holders, key and jewellery holders and more in Stall D9
* Millennium Elephant Foundation will be under the nuga tree this week with Eco Maximus paper products and information on their volunteer programs and Elephant Walk experiences
* Studio Stitch returns to Good Market this Saturday with some lovely handmade Christmas Decor, crafts, crochet goodies and accessories in Stall A13
* Craftellaa Peg Dolls returns to the Colombo Good Market with their new Christmas collection. Visit Stall B3 to pre-order holiday items including the nativity sets before 10th December for collection at the 17th December market.You can also purchase online through https://craftellaapegdolls.shopbox.lk
* Looking for unique and natural ways to create holiday cheer? Visit Secret Garden in Stall B2 to pick up a Christmas tree succulent and get more ideas on plastic-free, plant-friendly decor.
* Saaraketha is introducing wild bee honey this week. Check out the buzz and order at Stall F4.
* Try out the organic banana berry filled fresh kurakkan crepe from Crepes Parlour in Stall C6.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B10.
*Out of the Box has a selection of vibrant totes and matching clutches made with a combination of upcycled fabrics in Stall A11.
* Anyaa Wellness has all natural spa products and massage therapy in Stall C1. A 15-minute massage by a visually impaired therapist is Rs. 500.
* Frutty Fro Yo is serving all natural vanilla and pistachio frozen yogurt made from sustainably sourced fresh milk at a solar-powered facility in Stall A12. They also have mango and vanilla drinking yoghurt.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Easy-to-use, all natural coffee bags from Soul Coffee
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, natural & toasted coconut chips, coconut spread, dessicated coconut, coconut milk powder and creamed coconut from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Organic certified dried mango, dried papaya, dried banana, dried watermelon, dried pineapple, mango juice, pineapple juice, king coconut water and king coconut with pineapple juice from Govi Aruna
* All natural chilli fried jak seed, mango pickle, lime pickle, minced garlic, karapincha sambol, coconut sambol and many more from Larich
* All natural carrot & rosemary shampoo bar, unscented bath soap, honey & oatmeal soap, green tea bath soap, coffee fusion bath soap, cucumber yogurt soap and liquid soap from Aurelia Soapworks
* All natural Himalayan salt, natural cocoa butter, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecan nuts and almond drink from What On Earth
* Insect repellant citronella candles from Fone Candles
* All natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* Freshly harvested mix lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* All natural fruit yogurts, coconut chia pudding, yogurt chia pudding, pickled vegetables and ajvar serbian red chilli spread from Senani Organics
* Chicken from Amiron Farms
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farm and Via Village
* All natural iced chai latte, ginger lime tonic, lime crush and rose et hibiscus from SOZO Beverages
* Freshly harvested salad leaves and rocket leaves from Uva Forest Gardens
* All natural chicken cookies and liver treats from The Barkery
* All natural strawberry and mango flavoured yogurt drink from Frutty Fro Yo