GALLE GOOD MARKET
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are 2 new vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 3 - Community open mic
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor LOVI is taking sarongs to a whole new level. Made from sustainably sourced cotton handloom material and featuring pockets, belt and stay-dry lining, these sarongs can be dressed up or worn casually. Welcome them to Good Market and check out their range in Stall in D5.
* Greenfield Organic Life has a range of organic wellness teas and organic herbal infusions to get your body cleansed and detoxed before the Christmas holiday. The teas are made with all organic, traditional Sri Lankan herbs with beneficial effects on the body and the mind. Pick up some blends in Stall A3
* Gami Gedara Spice has a range of natural, homemade spice blends including roasted curry powder, crab & prawn curry mix, chicken curry mix and beef curry mix in Stall A4.
* Moonshadow will be introducing natural deodorant crystals and natural mosquito spray in Stall D3. Deodorant crystals are a safe, natural and effective alternative to commercial deodorants and their mosquito spray is made with pure Sri Lankan citronella, lemongrass, clove and cinnamon essential oils. They will also have washable cloth pads from Ecofemme and She Cups. Visit them to find out more about eco-positive menstrual hygiene practices.
* Nethroo Masks has traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall D2
* Tea Connoisseurs Delight is coming all the way from the Sinharaja rainforest region with their organic certified tea. Find them in Stall D4
* Dudley Silva Batiks has handmade batik clothing and housewares in Stall D1.
* Chami Foods has homemade fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall D3.
* Place a custom order or peruse the selection of polished all natural kithul wood and coconut wood housewares by Lion Kithul Wood in Stall A5.
* Sevens Eco has a selection of cotton handloom clothing and accessories in Stall A6.
* FriendzHome in Stall A2 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing, bed covers and accessories in Stall A3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in Stall A2
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C1 and C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, teas, condiments, organic spices, personal and home care products, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
COLOMBO GOOD MARKET
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout is online here. We've got new canopies, new shade covers, and new vendors at the Colombo market this week. Come check it out!
* SOS Children's Village is under the nuga tree to raise funds through the sale of houseware items handmade out of coir by mothers in the SOS community.
* Tamu Bakery returns for one day only with Christmas baked goods from around the world in Stall B10. Come pick up some tasty and healthy goodies and support their social mission to fight Gender Based Violence through the power of baking. They will also be giving away a few copies of the latest issue Cosmopolitan Sri Lanka (featuring Tamu's work).
* New vendor, Paper Crafts by Judy debuts at the market with Christmas cards, keytags, desktop organizers and more all handmade with paper in Stall B9. Judy is a cancer patient at the Kandy Cancer Center in Sri Lanka who has not let her illness control her life. She uses recycled paper, plastic and other waste materials to create handmade cards, key tags, picture frames and housewares. Proceeds are used for her continued treatment and her daughter's schooling.
* Dawn's Homemade Products has healthy chutneys and pickles in Stall E3. They use natural and organic ingredients from small-scale local suppliers and other Good Market vendors and donate part of proceeds to charities serving the differently abled.
* Organico Guru is offering 10% off entire bills with imported organic products ranging from organic pasta, canned beans, organic apple, organic apple cider vinegar, organic snack bars and more in Stall D7
* Rice & Carry is in the third week of their 50 for 1 single-use plastic reduction campaign. Have a collection of plastic bags at home? Bring them to the Rice & Carry bin in Stall A5. For every 50 clean bags dropped off over the next two weeks, adults will get a free reusable veggie bag. Kids will get a free pencil case made from old plastic bags.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall C1.
* Sena Eco has new colours for their handloom sandals with cooling and soothing kolapath areca leaf soles. Try them on in Stall C3
* Monique's Gourmet Food makes natural cakes, granola, fruit bars, muffins, cookies and more in a solar powered facility that focuses on environmentally responsible practices. Visit Stall A3 for a tasty treat.
* Visit the craft corner at Studio Stitch and create some holiday art from recycled and repurposed material in Stall A9
* Yummy Goodness has a range of delicious slow cooked jams, marmalades & chutneys made out of local and sustainably sourced ingredients at the Good Market Shop and Colombo market stall F4. Check out their katu lovi jam special this week.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae nutritional supplement tablets which help modulate the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Visit them in Stall A7.
* Pedals is introducing new designs to their entirely handmade, handloom footwear collection including flats and wedges in bright and subtle color combinations in Stall C8. They contribute a portion of all profits to the Rotaract Club of Colombo Fort to assist underprivileged families, children, and elders in Colombo, Kaduwela, and Jaffna.
* Saaraketha will be offering a 10% discount on their organic watermelon in Stall F4
* Looking for unique growing gifts this season? Bring them any wood, ceramic or glass containers to Secret Garden they will be given a new life as homes for little succulents. Visit Stall B3 for more information and other ideas on reducing waste these holidays.
* Out of the Box is collecting second-hand t-shirts, sleeveless blouses, and other unwanted printed fabrics to be repurposed into reusable alternatives for single-use, disposable plastic shopping bags. The making of the bags provides much needed income to a low-income mother. Drop off your fabrics and browse their selection of hand crafted, unique bags and clutches at Stall B4.
* Millennium Elephant Foundation will be in Stall B3. Proceeds from product sales goes to the care of elderly elephants at their sanctuary.
GOOD MARKET SHOP
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic certified rigatoni pasta, kurukkan rigatoni pasta, conchiglie pasta, rotelle pasta, organic noodles, coconut milk, organic olive oil, mango and mustard soup, vegetable mulligatawny soup, tom kha soup and creamed pumpkin soup from Ma's Foods
* Black currant chutney and seeni sambal chutney are new additions to the Mani Eli range. Their tempered banana blossom and mushroom, prawnilicious chilli paste and apple and beetroot chutney are also in stock.
* Get a recipe for mulled wine with every pack of organic cinnamon powder from Amuura
* Organic almond milk from What on Earth. Their pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, white quinoa, pine nuts, almonds and hazelnuts now come in glass jars for easy reuse.
* Organic certified dried watermelon, dried banana, dried papaya, dried mango, virgin coconut oil, fruit salad, pineapple juice and mixed fruit juice from Govi Aruna Organics
* Organic certified black tea, green tea, coconut milk, white rice flour and red rice flour from Bio Foods
* All natural chilli roasted cashews, cumin roasted cashews, cinnamon roasted cashews, lightly salted cashews and plain cashews from Addictive
* Bee honey, bee honey with cinnamon and garlic in bee honey from Dunvila Sustainables
* All natural citronella fragrance candles from Fone Candles
* All natural dark arabica ground coffee, pure arabica ground coffee, espresso ground coffee and jaggery chocolate bar from Hansa Ceylon Coffee
* Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot & orange cake, vegan banana cake, tomato & cheese quiche, carrot & butternut tart and date & oat bar from Milk and Honey Cafe
* Freshly harvested salad leaves and rocket leaves from Uva Forest Gardens
* Freshly harvested mix lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* All natural ginger lime tonic, rose et hibiscus, lime crush and lemongrass mint beverages from SOZO Beverages
* All natural mango and strawberry flavoured yogurt drink from Frutty Fro Yo
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farm and Via Village
* Chicken from Amiron Farms
* Coconut butter, coconut flour and virgin coconut oil from Coconut Miracle